Monday, September 10, 2012

...because it's time to be honest with myself.

Tumblr_m5ev3okmpt1qfrgv5o1_500_large

Back in the States: school has started once again, and now that I am in my senior year of college, I realize how fast time flies. Here I am, thinking about how far I've come, how deep and how many times I've fallen, how much I have changed over the years, and yet, I still need to remind myself quite often that the most important fact I should be keeping in my mind (even if it's way too easy to forget) is that I've picked myself up too many times to simply ignore how possible things are if you just believe in yourself. Because they are possible. If you firmly set your mind to something, you can achieve great things.

My summer at home was, well, partly magical, partly confusing, partly heartbroken, partly filled with trying to glue my heart back together (partly by dating the wrong men, partly by drinking away the pain), and partly miserable, trying to figure out what I wanted out of my life. I was looking for myself, and don't take me wrong, I still am looking (and still not finding), but I'm slowly putting the puzzle together.

There's a new man in my life.
He says he loves me, but I'm not quite sure it's me who loves, or simply the idea of what I represent (for what it's worth, for him it's escape). He's charming, well-mannered, passionate, understanding, intelligent, and 4,712 miles away.

This is him:


And this is me:



...but I don't want to hide any more...



...because it's time for me to be true to myself,
to be true to my goals, and my achievements.
It's time for me to pick myself up (once again)
and accept all the failures that have made me stronger.
It's time to go on: it's now or never.

Let's do this, loves.
Let's be beautiful.

Yours always,

Lu.

5 comments:

  1. You are just so amazing and not to forget, beautiful!
    These words are so inspiring, thank you for that, I really am grateful.
    You are already beautiful darling.
    Love Anafly
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so gorgeous! in so many ways, but now we know how pretty you are on the outside too <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there,

    I've just found your blog
    I'll look forward to reading more x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How have I not found your blog before? o.O I adore that quote, it's so true yet we forget it all the time.

    I hope you manage to put the pieces of the holiday puzzle back together into a coherent whole.

    Gah I must go read your posts so I know who this lady with the golden hair and the gorgeous smile is. Obviously she's very determined, adaptable and a powerful survivor, but beyond that I'm clueless. This situation must be rectified! TO THE ARCHIVES!

    Lol, what do you mean amazing? My blog is basically semi-coherent brain vomit and random rages XD Read the whole lot? Are you SERIOUS? 0.0 If you do that to yourself, let me know and I'll knit you some "Sorry for my pile of randomness" socks, ok?

    Take care of yourself this weekend and stay awesome, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi lu, forget about hiding you look fun and pretty.
    and he's cute - just don't over-think it or do too much.

    ReplyDelete